With well over 50 000 plugins for WordPress out there, we thought we would share our five favorite plugins with you. All of the below themes come in free and premium versions. We mainly use the free versions but the premium versions do offer great extra features.
- Yoast SEO. If you want to improve your Google page ranking, this plugin should be the first one you install. It offers loads of helpful hints on how to make your page more attractive to search engines. Another great feature is how to make the page more reader-friendly.
- WordFence. Security is a real issue for WordPress websites. Thankfully Wordfence has a fantastic plugin that will help improve your site’s security. Combine this with regular updates to WordPress and you will be safe from the basic hacks.
- W3 Total Cache. Page speed is important to your readers and to search engines. This plugin will give you a simple way of getting better page load speeds.
- Monster Insights. We are massive fans of Google Analytics. It is a free service and if properly configured can give you great insights into areas that need focus. Monster Insights offers an easy way to connect your website to your Analytics account.
- MailChimp. This is a free service for up to 2000 subscribers and 12 000 emails per month. It is a great way to stay in touch with existing clients and also to touch base with potential clients who have subscribed to your newsletter. Sign-up forms can be integrated into your website in a number of ways.
There are many other great plugins out there, but we recommend that every website should have these 5 plugins.